Have you ever wanted to travel to Hong Kong? Today, I am sharing a few pictures from our trip and my must-have travel items.
We traveled to Hong Kong a few month ago and I should have shared this fantastic trip earlier. I took so many great photos and we did so many things in such a short time that it was almost impossible to narrow down all of my photos to just a few. The ones selected will at least give you the highlights.
Hong Kong is an incredible city that literally has something for everyone. People say it is where East meets West and, with so much history and traditions as a long time British colony in the heart of Asia, I think that phrase fits. There is amazing shopping, any sort of food you can imagine [although it is hard to find authentic Mexican], efficient and convenient transportation, and so many family friendly activities. It was an incredible experience and is one of our favorite trips.
The Hong Kong Observation wheel overlooks Victoria Harbour.
The city had so many spectacular murals and lots of them are done by famous artists!
The Central–Mid-Levels outdoor covered escalators were so neat! They go down the hills in the morning and up the hills in the evening with the flow of people on their way to work. They definitely made walking the hilly city so much easier, especially in the hot, steamy summer months.
Beautiful picture of Victoria Harbour
Lamma Island in Hong Kong
Lamma Island is the third largest island in Hong Kong and a much more relaxed vibe than Hong Kong Island. Some say it’s almost bohemian.
We took the ferry out to the island to enjoy hiking, the beach, and some delicious seafood while watching the sunset. We made many memories and it is an evening we won’t forget.
The boys ordering our dinner!
On our last day, we were invited out for a yacht ride and it was a wonderful way to end our trip. From the water, the city becomes even more beautiful and you are surprised to find there is so much vegetation for such a populated, busy place.
Shop this Michael Stars Racerback Midi Dress HERE
Top 10 Things to do in Hong Kong
1. Ride Observation Wheel to view Victoria Harbour
2. Hit the street markets
3. Take in the view from Victoria Peak
4. Eat Cantonese! Try dim sum
5. Ride the Ferry to Lamma Island
6. Visit historic temples. Man Mo Temple was our favorite
7. Shop at IFC Mall and Pacific Place
8. Check out the city murals in Central
9. Take the Star Ferry, hire a junk, or do anything to get out in the water
10. Explore the New Territories and hike to remote beaches
MY MUST HAVE TRAVEL ITEMS
No matter where I travel, these items are a must, and I don’t leave home without them.
- Buxom Lip Cream | 2. magazines | 3. Lollia Wish Shea Butter Hand Creme | 4. Bose headphones | 5. Neverfull Louis Vuitton | 6. Hand Sanitizer | 7. Almonds | 8. Evian Mineral Water Facial Spray | 9. Scarf | 10. Socks | 11. Apple iPad
You may also like to read about my Oahu adventures on the Windward Side!