Gooey Butter Cake has been a staple in my home since I was a little girl. This tasty treat started in St. Louis in the 1930’s and there is a variety of ways to make it, but I prefer my grandma’s recipe.
This Gooey Butter Cake has been taken to many potlucks, meetings, and is the perfect sweet treat after dinner. I love that it is super easy and a hit with guests.
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 box powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt stick of butter
- Mix with 2 eggs with melted butter
- Add dry cake mix (will be thick)
- Spread in greased 9 x 13 in pan
- In separate bowl mix topping - remaining ingredients (2 eggs, cream cheese and powdered sugar)
- Pour this mixture over top of cake batter
- Bake for 40 min
- Sprinkle top of cake with powdered sugar
You may also like to try Berry White Chocolate Drop Scones.