Today’s Feature Friday is Revive Home Furnishings! I started following Karree a few years ago on Facebook and have gathered so much inspiration through her projects! Her Kansas City, MO-based business offers creative and talented solutions to revive your home! Karree’s portfolio shows you how the power of paint and a creative mind can transform a space to give you the home you have always wanted.
Three years ago my journey began! We were in the process of building a new home, and I was consumed with getting all new furniture and switching out my old decor for new. Once I realized that wasn’t going to happen, I started buying used furniture and painting it. Needless to say, it got a little out of control, and my husband wanted his garage back!!! So I started selling a few pieces on the side of my 9-5 graphic design job. From there it grew in just a few months…not only was I selling furniture but I was getting requests for custom pieces, to kitchens & bathrooms. I took on REVIVE full-time two years ago and haven’t looked back! I’m so thankful for all my clients, without their referrals I wouldn’t be where I’m at today!
REVIVE specializes in budget-friendly home improvement projects and design. I still take on custom orders for furniture, but my main focus now is your home. If you are looking to update outdated kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, a fireplace, oak handrails or even that old tile, I can help revive it! Already have a handyman to do all that work but need help with design? I do that too!
I love furniture, design and all things “home.” I’m blessed to share my love with you now!!
1. What are some of your go-to colors for clients?
– For white cabinets I always recommend Alabaster. It’s not bright white or too creamy. It goes great with grays or tans. If you are wanting a neutral wall color, I always recommend Repose Gray. Same as Alabaster, goes with any neutral tone.
2. Would you consider your style to be more bold or neutral?
– I love more of the neutral pallets, grays and blues are my favorites!
4. What is one of your all-time favorite projects?
– In our old house, we did a barn wood ceiling; I love how it ended up looking!
5. Do you do online consulting for virtual clients?
– If you count my family back home in St. Louis, then yes!! But it is something I definitely would like to pursue in the near future for anyone!
6. Have you always wanted to own your own business?
– Yes! When I was little, I used to draw up floor plans and cut out furniture in magazines to go in each room! I unfortunately was just too nervous in college to follow my passion and stuck with graphic design. Computers were “the thing” back then so I thought it would be a better opportunity.
7. What are your thoughts on accent walls?
– LOVE them. I always recommend one wall to stand out! I tell clients not to be afraid of a paint…it can always be covered up!!
You can follow Karree on her Facebook page, Revive Home Furnishings to get weekly updates and inspiration on projects!
You may also like to read about my Home Office Reveal!