Easy & Yummy Apple Tart
My mother-in-law, Denney, is an excellent cook and creates her own delicious recipes. She’s passed along quite a few of them to me throughout the years and they are all amazing.
She recently visited us here in Hawaii and made her Apple Tart for an after dinner dessert. Her tart was delicious – I could eat it all by myself! 🙂
She was so kind to give me her recipe to share with you all! You will love this blend of apple, cinnamon, and brown sugar!
Easy & Delicious!
- 1 package of Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 2 T Apple Jelly or Pineapple Jam
- 2 C finely diced tart apple
- 3 T flour
- 1/3 - 1/2 C Sugar
- 1/3 - 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pecans Chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread Pie crust flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. ( Tart may stick to pan without it)
- Spread jam/jelly over crust to within 1 " of edges
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- Add diced apples to sugar mixtures. Mix well
- Spread apple mixture on crust to within 1" of edges
- Fold edge of crust toward center making tart edge
- Cut small pieces of butter and place on top of tart
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans (optional)
- Bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until crust is lightly brown
- Let Cool for about 5 minutes and then drizzle with icing
- Serve warm with ice cream! YUM!!!!
2 T melted butter, 2 T heavy whipping cream or milk, and 1 C powder sugar
Mix until smooth and drizzle over tart.
Try this for your next get-together! Thanks again Denney for sharing.