We love trying out new beauty products, but there are a few products we have used for years and parting with would be hard. Some are worth the splurge, but we have found that some drugstore brands are just as good as the high end. So, we wanted to share our favorites!
SAVE BEAUTY PRODUCTS
1. Garnier Skinactive Micellar Cleansing Water– This is a makeup remover that we have read lots of good reviews on but was hesitant to purchase. If you are looking for a water-like feeling makeup remover that removes your eyeliner and mascara, give this a try.
2. Real Techniques Sponge– If you’re a fan of the beauty blender, you should try the Real Techniques sponge. A beauty sponge is a staple for blending out concealer and smoothing out a full coverage foundation. This sponge is such a great price!
3. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black– We have used this brand of mascara for a Very Long Time! The carbon black is a new favorite. It won’t make your lashes really full, but long. There is no irritation of the eyes or flaking, which we’ve experienced with other drug store mascaras.
4. Seche Vite Topcoat– We have seriously used this topcoat for over 15 years (that’s dedication). This topcoat will give a thick glossy like layer over your favorite polish, and your nails should last at least a week without chipping (at least that is our experience).
5. Morphe Foundation Brush– We are a huge fan of this brand. You get quality brushes without the hefty price tag. This particular brush is very dense, soft, and your foundation will blend out beautifully.
6. Loving Tan– Hello gorgeous tan!!! This self-tanner is easy to use and gives a beautiful tan. The ultra dark is a favorite, and if you are one with little time, they also sell a 2-hour express. You won’t get as rich of a tan with the 2 hour, but it’s still great!!
SPLURGE BEAUTY PRODUCTS
7. Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Liner– Michelle’s favorite eyeliner is the Raven shade! If you love a crayon eyeliner try the Smashbox. It is waterproof, no smudging and the best part, it twists and sharpens when you put on the lid! It’s little things like this that we love.
8. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner– Keli’s favorite eyeliner! If you like a marker tip that won’t smudge, the tattoo liner is easy to use, even for beginners.
9. HOURGLASS Bronzer– There are lots of cheaper bronzers, but none will give you such a sun-kissed glow like the Hourglass Bronzer.
10.GLAMGLOW MASQUE– Super pricey, but worth every penny. After using any Glamglow product you will feel like you just had a facial, it’s that good.
11. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler– We know not many get excited over an eyelash curler, but they will after using this one. It’s gentle (no pinching) and won’t crimp your lashes. You will have beautifully curled lashes, and your eyes will pop!
12. SHISEIDO Cotton Pads – This cotton is pricey, but it’s so thick and soft and works perfectly with the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. We never want to use drug store cotton pads again!
13. Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oleo-Complexe Versatile Beautifying Oil– If you need hair oil that will make your hair look so healthy, this is a great one to try. We have been using this oil for years, and it smells incredible (salon hair).
14. Kerastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique, Polishing Nourishing Milk– Mix this conditioner in with the Kerastase oil (one pump each), and you will have gorgeous locks after blow-drying.